Articles on this Page
- 03/13/10--14:14: _Bogus Urine Metals ...
- 04/21/10--04:00: _60 Minutes exposes ...
- 12/07/10--11:13: _SafeMinds retaliate...
- 01/08/11--11:34: _Why does it matter ...
- 02/24/11--14:15: _Another anti-vaccin...
- 10/13/11--14:48: _Illinois charges DA...
- 06/25/13--23:35: _Book Review: Do you...
- 10/20/13--08:53: _Looking back at two...
- 10/13/14--15:43: _The Quacks behind t...
- 12/30/14--16:28: _Unethical DAN docto...
- 03/13/10--14:14: Bogus Urine Metals Testing Fails In Vaccine Court
- 04/21/10--04:00: 60 Minutes exposes stem cell con men
- 12/07/10--11:13: SafeMinds retaliates against skeptic blogger
- 01/08/11--11:34: Why does it matter what happens to Andrew Wakefield?
- 02/24/11--14:15: Another anti-vaccine rally fizzles
- 10/13/11--14:48: Illinois charges DAN doctor with unethical behavior
- 10/20/13--08:53: Looking back at two decades of Geier
- 10/13/14--15:43: The Quacks behind the Warrior Moms
- 12/30/14--16:28: Unethical DAN doctor to be supervised by acupuncturist
The Thimersoal “test cases” in the OAP relied on bogus urine mercury testing. Among many other common problems the petitioners had in providing any sound scientific support for the notion that mecury can cause autism, that, was at least in part, the apparent conclusion of all three of the special masters. I just skimmed through [...]
Autism News Beat has a post, Avoiding false balance, 60 Minutes nails con men. It isn’t autism specific, but it does have to do with a type of “therapy” that comes up a lot in autism: stem cells. 60 Minutes, a U.S. television news magazine did a “sting” operation. They had patients go into the [...]
SafeMinds is an organization with the stated purpose to “…to restore health and protect future generations by eradicating the devastation of autism and associated health disorders induced by mercury and other man made toxicants. ” SafeMinds has stayed with this purpose even as the years have gone by and the evidence has mounted that the [...]
People have been questioning the necessity of these latest revelations about Andrew Wakefield and suggesting that enough is enough or maybe that all this latest round of publicity will do nothing except make him a heroic martyr. This is possible. However, for a number of reasons I really feel it is vitally important that not [...]
A handful of “outraged” anti-vaccine activists occupied part of the sidewalk at the corner to 6th Ave. and 52nd St. today and listened to other angry anti-vaccine activists promote an anti-vaccine book and denounce Bill Gates. Witnesses report 18 participants at an event which promoters predicted would draw “tens of thousands” of parents supposedly angry [...]
According to the Chicago Tribune, the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation has charged a well-known Naperville physician with “unprofessional, unethical and/or dishonorable conduct.” Dr. Anju Usman, a familiar face at anti-vaccine conferences in the US and abroad, allegedly lied about or exaggerated the value of treatments, and “demonstrated extreme departure from rational [...]
The name Paul Offit is fairly well known in the autism communities. He has spent considerable time countering the false idea that the rise in autism diagnoses seen in the past is due to an epidemic of vaccine injury. He spends most of his time as Chief of Infectious Diseases at the Children’s Hospital of […]
In the past Mark and (to a lesser extent) his son David Geier were frequently being discussed online. It struck me that given how far back the Geier saga goes, many may not be aware of the myriad stories of the Geiers. How often and from how many angles the news has come about just […]
‘I accept Dr Carpenter’s opinion that there is no evidence that any of these treatments were individually beneficial for M and that collectively they were intrusive and contrary to his best interests. M’s life was increasingly dominated by the programme of treatment to the exclusion of other activities. I find that E has implemented a […]
Usman was the subject of a 2009 Chicago Tribune investigation into questionable medical practices aimed at treating autism. The article noted that Usman and Rossignol “are stars of Defeat Autism Now!, having trained thousands of clinicians… They are listed on the group’s online clinician registry, a first stop for many parents of children with autism seeking alternative treatment.”
Usman’s name is also connected to the 2005 death of Tariq Nadama, a five-year-old boy who died at the hands of Dr. Roy Kerry. Usman diagnosed the boy with high aluminum levels, then referred him to Kerry, an ear-nose-throat specialist in Pennsylvania. Kerry treated the child for lead poisoning, even though his blood lead levels were below that which indicates the need for chelation.